Welcome to the website of
Councilor At-Large Nicole McClain for the City of Lynn
I am a wife, mother, veteran and a community leader who wants to see our city embrace its diversity and include the entire community in the decisions that affect us all.
Teacher and Businessperson
I earned my bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education while deployed in Iraq. I worked and saved, like so many others, to become a homeowner in Lynn. I then opened a childcare business which I operated for six years. I am working as the director of the Salvation Army's Lynn After School Program, ensuring that the most valuable members of the community, our children, are loved and cared for.
I know first-hand, the sacrifices our veterans have made. I was a soldier who served eleven years in the Army National Guard with deployments to Iraq in 2004 and 2008. I understand the importance of service for all, not some. I will continue to use my position as Councilor At-Large to keep the Veteran’s Services Department fully staffed with caring individuals who provide the support and outreach our vets earned.
Committed Community Leader
- Lynn City Councilor At-Large, Chair Veterans Committee
- North Shore Juneteenth Association, Founder, President
- Director of Salvation Army SmART Center
- Disabled American Veterans, Member
- Lynn Human Rights Commission, Member
- Essex County Commission on the Status of Women, Commissioner
- Children Law Center of Massachusetts, Board Member
Thank you for your support,